In my morning email clickings, I came across this video of Chris Brogan doing an interview of Harvey MacKay on his new book, The Mackay MBA on selling in the Real World.
Now, I have zero, zilch, nada interest in selling.
But I always learn something from listening to successful people so I gave it a listen.
Came away with four thoughts:
- Wow, people really do name drop. I thought that was an urban myth. (Ok, so that was a useless and snide thought. Lol. The others are better, I promise!)
- Never say no for the other person. Let them say no to you. Yep, I struggle with that one…both professionally and personally.
- In his discussion of the growth of women entreprenuers, the thought clicked into my head that when women couldn’t crash through the glass ceiling, the found a way around it by hanging their own shingle.
- I am on the right track, right now, putting what makes me the most money as a priority. Later, I can shift my focus.
- Harvey Mackay on the Mackay MBA (chrisbrogan.com)