It is almost that time again.
Time to head off to the voting poles to vote for the President of the United States for the next four years.
To look back and question that actions of President Obama and decide if you feel that he should rule the free world for another term.
If Barack Obama could do just one thing, anything, and it it would 100% guarantee that you would vote for him, what would it be?
For me, he could tackle the child support enforcement policy.
Make it a federal crime (instead of state) to not pay your child support.
By simply crossing state lines, many men and women have been able to completely avoid their parental financial obligations.
In addition, the calculation of child support needs to be updated. It should only be a reflection of the payee parents ability to pay (or the federal minimum amount required). The custodial parents income should have no baring on chidsupport order.
Speaking of minimum amount of child support that should be received from the noncustodial parent. Yeah, that should be raised.
Just to use round numbers, let us say that the federal government decides that it takes a minimum of $1000/month to raise a child.
The noncustodial parent should be responsible to pay $500/month.
Then you ask, “what if I can’t afford $500/month?”.
I have an easy solution to that as well.
You see, child support would no longer be paid to the custodial parent from the noncustodial parent.
Instead, the government would pay the custodial parent the $500 and the noncustodial parent would pay back the federal government based on his or her ability to pay.
So, yeah, Mr. President, if you want to guarantee at least one vote, tackle child support enforcement laws.
What would President Barack Obama have to do to guarantee your vote?
- Why would a custodial parent drop child support (wiki.answers.com)
- Child support arrears forgiven by custodial parent. (mensresource.wordpress.com)
- Child support arrears forgiven by custodial parent. (traversecitykids.wordpress.com)
- When can I Lower My Child Support in Florida? (myjournal4all.wordpress.com)
- When do you Stop Paying Child Maintenance? (brighthub.com)
- Do i have to pay child support if i dont have a child support order (wiki.answers.com)
- Child Support: If Only It Was About The Child (thedresslover.wordpress.com)
- Calculating Child Support in Oklahoma (oklahomawomen.blogspot.com)
- Debt agents to chase child support cheats (news.theage.com.au)
- Can a no child support obligation promissory note exist if both parties agree to it (wiki.answers.com)