The poster boy for deadbeat dads has been jailed.
~pause to wait for all the cheering from managing on a minimum moms~
ABC News reports that the father of 23 children, Howard Veal of Michigan, has been sentenced to 23 – 48 months in jail for failure to pay child support.
According to court records, in his 44 years of life, Mr. Veal has accumulated a debt of more than $533,000 in child support payments.
In the last seven years, Veal reportedly paid less than a total of $90 for two of his children’s upkeep.
Sherri Black, the mother of two of Veal’s children ages 16 and 11, wrote in a letter that it’s heartbreaking to choose between shoes and rent.
Of the more than $63,000 owed to Ms. Black, Mr. Veal was told to pay 10 to 100 % of the child support owed in exchange for reduced charges. By late August, Mr. Veal had paid nothing.
“In my entire career I have never seen a case like this where so much was owed to so many and ignored,” Kent County Judge Dennis Leiber, who has presided over support cases for more than 20 years, told ABC News.
“You are the poster child for irresponsibility,” Leiber told Veal at a court hearing, according to The Grand Rapids Press. “You’re an insult to every responsible father who sacrifices to provide for their children.”
What’s even more disgusting is that not only does Mr. Veal live off his current girlfriend and the four children they have together. But, he also admitted in court to be the father of 15 children by 12 different women but he could not remember them all.
Wait? Did you do the math?
Because he sure didn’t.
Later reports from the courts proved that he fathered 23 children with 14 different women.
Was his goal to get into the Guinness Book Of World Records for the worst father ever.
Michigan Assistant Attorney General Mitchell Wood wrote the judge to seek sentencing beyond the guidelines.
“The Attorney General’s Child Support Division has prosecuted thousands of felony nonsupport cases since its inception, but none as outrageous as this. For a decade, between 1989 and 1999, the defendant impregnated at least one woman every single year.”
Disgustingly enough, there are people out there defaming the judge for putting this loser behind bars.
The argument is that he can’t possibly support the children behind bars.
Hello? That’s the reason he is behind bars…he wasn’t supporting his children.
The further argue the effect of the economy.
That’s not going to fly either because this man has only paid $90.
We’re not talking about a man who was scrimping and scrambling to pay the best that he could…
We are talking about a stone cold dead beat!
And we know one thing with this loser locked up in jail.
He won’t be making anymore babies for the next year or so!!!
- America’s Top Deadbeat Dad?: 23 Kids, No Support (abcnews.go.com)
- “Worst Deadbeat Dad Ever: Father Of 23 Children By 14 Different Mothers Jailed For Failure To Pay Over 500K In Child Support!!!” and related posts (bossip.com)
- Stop Jailing Deadbeat Dads (socialactions.net)
- License to Breed (stephankinsella.com)
- Man linked to 23 kids gets prison in support case (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Who Would’ve Thought There are Also Deadbeat Moms (socyberty.com)
- Is Eric Williams A Deadbeat Dad? (hellobeautiful.com)
- Is Billionaire Donald Bren a Deadbeat Dad? (abcnews.go.com)
- Judge Orders Jail Time, Community Service for Contempt of Court by Deadbeat Dad, Millionaire Richard Lorden, Who Avoids Payment by Living in Mexico, According to the Law Offices of Jose Mariano Castillo (eon.businesswire.com)
- “Tom Staub: Danielle Staub’s Ex, Deadbeat Dad?” and related posts (deathby1000papercuts.com)