I love making money from home. Especially easy money. And nothing can be easier than installing an app on your phone and just cashing in. Sometimes it is so easy that I forget the app is there.
Which is half of the reason why I am writing this and future post. To remind myself to check these apps monthly to see how much I have earned and to cash out if necessary.
Mobile Performance Meter is one of the apps that is truly “set it and forget it”.
The steps are super easy.
- Go to the Google Play store (sorry, not available on Apple).
- Download the app to your phone.
- From your phone, click on the completed download.
- Click the checkbox accepting the terms of service.
- Click Join Now.
- Their system will determine if your phone qualifies.
- If you are qualified, click the button that says “OK’.
Mobile Performance Meter gives you 20 points for just signing up. You earn 5 Meter points per day just for having the app on your phone.
Occasionally, you may be offered a quick (usually less than a minute) survey but you can decline or postpone till later.
Mobile Performance Meter requires Android 2.3 and up and uses 4.6M of your phone’s memory.
For those of you interested in this type of thing, here are the permissions that you are giving the Mobile Performance Meter app when you click Accept the terms:
- retrieve running apps
- precise location (GPS and network-based)
- approximate location (network-based)
- receive text messages (SMS)
- receive text messages (WAP)
- reroute outgoing calls
- view Wi-Fi connections
- read phone status and identity
- full network access
- measure app storage space
- run at startup
- change network connectivity
- view network connections
- make app always run
- prevent device from sleeping
- read battery statistics
I have cashed out and received about $20 in gift certificates thus far. That being said, I am always on the lookout for other easy apps that pay. Feel free to post any of your recommendations here (with referral links if they have them) and, if I am interested, I’ll be sure to give it a try.
Do you enjoy this type of app? Why or why not?